7 Signs That You're Trading in the Danger Zone
There are warning signs that a trader is going down the wrong road in a trade or in their trading in general. Traders have to go with the flow of the market, manage risk, and keep their mind open to actual price action. Departing from these principles are dangerous and could result in huge draw downs in capital and even blowing up their accounts. Trading through the filters of fear, greed, or ego are very dangerous.
1) You stop trading your plan and start “shooting from the hip” you are losing or winning so you believe that you are above your own rules, you start trading your opinions instead of your plan.
2) You are about to take a trade you are 100% sure of, you have no doubt that it will work out. Trades that feel good to do and feel like can’t lose trades rarely win because everyone is already positioned in those trades.
3) When you ignore your first stop and start deciding that you should give your trade “more room”, when you allow a loss to grow and rationalize why you should hold it instead of following your plan and stopping out you are in trouble.
4) Averaging down in a position that is going against you is never a good idea, fighting trends are very dangerous amplifying your losses by increasing your position size can be fatal to your account.
5) Fighting against the prevailing market trend over an over again can chop your account to pieces.
6) When losing, you start trading bigger and bigger to get back to even. When you are losing you should start trading smaller and smaller to decrease losses.
7) When you actually disagree with the market and believe it is wrong and you are right. Price is reality wherever it is, your job is to trade trend and price action not your own opinion.
*Post courtesy of New Trader U.+9
Add a Comment (Pro Members Only)
More like this...The Top Ten Trades of All Time
Here's the best of the best...
Nine Trading Myths Explained
We're sure at least a few of these have kept you from trading. Here's why it's not as complicated as you think...
The 7 Worst Trading Losses in History
Over the past twenty years, we have seen the world's most disastrous trading losses. These are the worst of the worst...